Sunday, August 29, 2010

Overscheduled?

If you are like most busy moms I know, you live and die by your calendar.  Your life is crazy and your kids are involved in so many different things that you are constantly trying to make sure they are in the right place and you don’t have to be in two places at once.  I know I fit this description!  What makes my life easier? Google Calendars

This is what my calendar looked like a couple of weeks ago.  Can you say CRAZY???!!!!!

ScreenHunter_03 Aug. 29 18.05

If you don’t use Google Calendars I highly recommend you check them out.  Here is what I have done.

I have my own google account.  Each member of my family also has their own google account.  They all give me permission to link their calendars with mine.  So I can view and control each of their calendars all within my own.  Each calendar (each kid, etc.) has their own color.  I also have calendars for Birthdays/Holidays, Family Events, Meals, etc.  I can see them all every time I open my calendar and I can turn them on/off at will.  I print the week’s calendar off at the beginning of the week and hang it on my fridge, just so I can have it there to glance at, remind me of meals, etc. if I’m not sitting at my computer. My husband can also login to his and see everything that is going on and if we have plans, etc.

I also have a Blackberry and I use Google Sync to sync my calendars, contact, email, etc. with my Blackberry, so I always have my calendar with me on the go.  I know there are similar applications for most SmartPhones.

What kind of calendaring system to you use to keep your family organized? 

No comments:

Post a Comment