Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pre-chopping vegetables

When planning my weekly menu if I have a dinner that requires a lot of chopping, I usually try to make another dinner later in the week involving some of those same veggies so I can knock out the work in one night.
Tonight’s menu:
Grilled Chicken and Veggies on the BBQ
Thursday’s menu:
Kabobs
So here is my work station.  I have my chopping board and knife, all veggies laying out, a bowl for seasoning, a bowl for trash, a baggie with my extra veggies, and my chicken marinating in the far corner.
IMG_0535
So here is tonight’s meal all seasoned and ready to go out on the BBQ.
   IMG_0536
Here are my extra chopped veggies for kabobs on Thursday.
IMG_0537
And here is my yummy healthy dinner cooking out on the BBQ.  Yum!
IMG_0538
What are you eating tonight?  What are some things you do in your kitchen to make cooking for your family easier?

No comments:

Post a Comment